Theory of Games and Economic Behavior

Friday, December 18, 2009

Theory of Games and Economic Behavior (Commemorative Edition) (Princeton Classic Editions)

Theory of Games and Economic Behavior (Commemorative Edition) (Princeton Classic Editions)

By Mark (Ottawa, Canada) - reviews

 
I'm not even sure I'm qualified to pass judgement on this book, but what I understand, I give 5 stars without hesitation. The authors discuss almost every class of game (2-person, 3-person, zero-sum, non-zero-sum, etc.) and even a very simplified version of poker.

You basically have to be a mathematician to get full value from this book. This book is absolutely full of equations and complex proofs. For a beginner with little math, I'd recommend Game Theory by Morton Davis, or for someone with some university math I'd recommend Games and Decisions by Luce and Raiffa. However, if your math is good, you might as well go straight to this book, which started the whole field of game theory.




0 comments

Post a Comment

Games Online

Custom Search